Tom White grew up in the textile-producing Upstate of South Carolina and spent his summers working third shift in the cotton mills. That experience shaped his desire to help working people.
A distinguished graduate of the University of Virginia, he then graduated in the top 10% of his class at the South Carolina School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the SC Bar in 1978. Tom began his law career as a public defender and joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 1980. He is a member of the Charleston County Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar Association and the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association. For the past four years, Tom has been listed in Best Lawyers in America For Workers’ Compensation.
Tom has served on the Charleston County Common Pleas Liaison Committee and the Charleston County Grievance Committee. He is a former municipal judge in Goose Creek and is a member of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Claimants’ Association.
Tom lives in Charleston and has three children and three grandchildren.
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland named to Best Lawyers In America
- Steinberg Law Firm Spins for Pattison's Academy
- Schurlknight v. City of Charleston - Workers' Compensation Case - 2002
- Three Attorneys From Steinberg Law Firm Named Among Nation’s Best
- Attorney Tom White Named Among Best Lawyers in America
- Two Partners in Steinberg Law Firm Named Among America’s Best Attorneys