Posted on Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 at 8:47 pm
A design defect causes the slide to partially deflate when in use, causing the user to fall to the ground below. One woman suffered a fractured neck and a man became a quadriplegic as a result of this defect. Additionally, a young mother died after hitting her neck on the concrete edge of the swimming pool when the slide deflated while in use.
The inflatable slides were sold in Wal-Mart and Toys R Us stores nationwide. Consumers who purchased the product should stop using it immediately and return it to the closest Wal-Mart or Toys R Us for a full refund.