What should I do if I find a construction defect? | Steinberg Law Firm

What should I do if I find a construction defect?

In our experience, the best action to take if you find a defect is to promptly contact us about the problem. If it turns out that there isn’t a problem or it is something minor you can have fixed yourself, you haven’t lost anything by contacting us.  We provide a free initial consultation, and we provide legal representation on a contingency basis.

If you have a serious problem, it needs to be evaluated by an architect or engineer experienced with the issue and not an architect or engineer paid by the builder. We have relationships with architects, engineers, and other experts we use to evaluate potential defect claims and will have them inspect an issue to determine if you have a claim worth pursuing.

Also, document the problem. If you have an active leak in your home, photograph or videotape the leak. Keep all documents and communications you receive from a builder. If a problem with your home destroys property or requires you to take temporary measures to address the problem, keep receipts or other documentation.


Call now to speak with someone about your construction defect claim for FREE. The initial consultation is completely confidential, no obligation, and at no cost to you. Call 843-720-2800 today. Our phones are answered day or night – 24/7/365 – and our legal staff is standing by to help you right now.

Other Construction Defect FAQs:

Contact Us 24/7 For A FREE Consultation