2019 Higher Learning Scholarship Recipients Announced
Every year, The Steinberg Law Firm reaches out to the Tricounty area community to provide financial support for graduating high school seniors. This year’s scholarship winners are:
- Kimberly Tovar hails from Bishop England High School in Charleston County School District. Tovar will be attending Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
- Logan Ponce, of Berkley High School in Berkeley County School District. Ponce will be attending the University of South Carolina.
- Nicholas Cunningham, graduating from Ashley Ridge High School of Dorchester School District Two. Cunningham will be attending Limestone College in Gaffney, South Carolina.
- Zainab Nathani attends Hanahan High School of Berkeley High School District. Nathani will be attending the University of South Carolina.
- Stephen Polite is graduating from Charleston County School of the Arts. Polite will be attending Trident College in South Carolina.
Each of these worthy students will use the $1,000 scholarship money to advance their college studies. Though the Steinberg Law Firm provides important legal services to the Tricounty community, we attached no strings to these scholarships. Students pursuing any field of higher education were encouraged to apply, whether related to the law profession or not.
“Our community of learners deserves and needs our support,” said David T. Pearlman, a partner at Steinberg. “We are fortunate to have such impressive young talent in our midst, and our firm is proud to continue a tradition of supporting higher education.”
In addition to composing and submitting a 700-word essay on the topic of equal justice under the law, these budding college freshmen also provided high school transcripts and lists of their activities, honors and awards, and community involvement.
The Steinberg Law Firm has a long tradition of accepting challenges and winning cases for our clients. We zealously defend the rights of the injured and victimized. For more than 90 years we have faithfully served the good people of Charleston.
We have, in all those years, also given back to our neighbors in need. Our firm also provides textbook scholarships, recognizes high school student-athletes, and donates free backpacks filled with school supplies. We give gladly, in the spirit of community.
Our heartiest congratulations to our five winners, and best of luck in your academic endeavors!
The United States Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced on Saturday, October 12 that a South San Francisco, California Costco wholesale store will be recalling nearly 40,000…