Common Workplace Injuries
You can’t control luck or the actions of others when you work, but you can make decisions that put you in a good position to avoid a long-term work injury on a job site. With this in mind, Steinberg Law Firm has compiled some of the most common workplace injuries, and how you can best avoid them. If you suffer an injury on the job, call (843) 720-2800 and we’ll give you a free initial legal consultation.
Causes of Work Injuries
At Steinberg Law Firm, we see a wide variety of workplace injuries in our job as workers’ compensation lawyers. The accidents behind these injuries cover a wide range of incidents, some of which are extremely unlikely, some of which were due to avoidable mistakes. But the injuries caused by these accidents tended to fall into a few major categories.
Common Types of Workplace Injuries Include:
- Repetitive Motion Injuries – These are more common in white-collar office jobs, where carpal tunnel syndrome is a big problem, but can also occur in jobs that require lots of repetitive physical exertion.
- Physical Assault on a Work Site – If you get attacked by a co-worker and injured, workers’ compensation insurance will cover your medical bills and time off.
- Slipping and Falling – This is frequently considered its own legal category, but if you fall at your workplace, it may be easier to recover workers’ compensation than it would be to sue your employer.
- Employee Overexertion – Maybe you were being pressured into overworking yourself by your boss, or maybe you just had an unrealistic view of your own limits. Either way, the result can be a grievous injury.
- Automobile Accident – Many jobs involve driving vehicles. If you are struck by a reckless driver while on the job, you may qualify for workman’s comp, but you probably aren’t covered if you get in an accident while driving to work.
- Occupational Diseases – If you work on a site that has asbestos or regularly exposes you to disease, you could contract something that puts you out of commission for an extended period of time.
- Struck by Falling Object – A common construction site injury, it also occurs where there are a lot of people working on different levels of a structure. Also fairly common among employees who work for big-box hardware stores, which have high shelves full of heavy objects.
Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Charleston & Nearby Areas of South Carolina
Securing Compensation For Your South Carolina Workplace Injury
For a free review of your case, call us at 843-720-2800
The bureaucracy involved in many workers’ compensation cases can quickly become overwhelming, especially if you are still convalescing from your injury. Attorneys from Steinberg Law Firm can handle the difficult details for you and ensure that you receive the workers’ compensation you deserve according to South Carolina state law.
To set up a free initial consultation with the workplace injury lawyers at Steinberg Law Firm, contact us by dialing (843) 720-2800. We serve clients in Charleston and throughout the state of South Carolina.
WE HAVE RECOVERED OVER $500 MILLION FOR CLIENTS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, INCLUDING:
Car Accident Settlement
Workers' Comp Case
Leaders in the Legal Industry
Steinberg attorneys have been awarded numerous distinctions, such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News & World Report, Gedney M. Howe, Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service, the SC Leadership in Law award, and has been voted Best Workers’ Comp Firm in SC, among other distinctions.
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.