Mt. Pleasant Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Lawyer in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
In 2019, an estimated 36,120 people were killed in motor vehicle accidents nationwide, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Of those, 12,239 were passenger car fatalities. That marks a decrease of just over 1 percent from 36,560 fatalities in 2018.
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety reported that the state saw a 5.5 percent increase in car accident deaths between 2017 and 2018. The leading cause of collisions in 2018 was driving too fast for conditions, which resulted in 41,705 crashes.
Cars were responsible for the majority of fatal collisions. Of 1,697 deadly crashes in South Carolina that year, 592 involved automobiles and 298 involved SUVs. There were 1,423 car accidents that resulted in serious injuries, while other types of injuries were reported in 34,316 collisions.
Steinberg Law Firm Can Help With Your Car Accident Claim
Getting injured in a car accident can leave you feeling shocked and overwhelmed. You may be unsure of what you should do. One of the first steps you can take is to contact an experienced Mt. Pleasant car accident lawyer who can represent your best interests.
Steinberg Law Firm can help you determine whether you are eligible to pursue compensation for your car accident injuries. We know how to deal with insurance companies and at-fault motorists who may be looking to get out of paying what you are owed. Our team of car accident attorneys will build your case with solid evidence to obtain the best possible outcome.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Mt. Pleasant
There are some important things you should do after a car accident to protect your legal rights. Any missteps could affect your ability to recover full compensation for your losses.
• Seek prompt medical treatment. Your health and safety are the number one priority after a car accident. Getting medical attention enables you to determine the severity of your injuries. You can also document the harm you suffered if an insurance company questions the validity of your injuries.
• Call the police. File an accident report with the police and obtain a copy for your records. The report will be useful when pursuing a settlement in your car accident case later. If necessary, our law firm can help you track it down from the relevant law enforcement agency.
• Collect evidence. Take photos of the car accident scene. You can ask family, friends or bystanders to help if you are unable to do so yourself. Write down everything you remember about the accident. Get the contact details of witnesses and other parties involved in the crash.
• Contact a lawyer. Talk to an experienced car accident lawyer. Steinberg Law Firm will review your case along with answering all of your questions. Do not speak to an insurance company or accept an offer before consulting your attorney.
What Causes Car Accidents
The Mt. Pleasant car accident lawyers at Steinberg Law Firm have experience representing clients in many different types of car accident cases. Car accidents can occur due to any number of reasons, with the following being among the most commonly reported:
• Distracted driving: Texting, talking to other passengers, eating or adjusting GPS are all examples of distracted behavior that can take your attention away from the road ahead.
• Speeding: When a car is traveling at a high speed, the driver has less control over the vehicle. Speeding makes it harder to come to a stop when necessary, increasing the chances of a crash.
• Drunk driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol can impair a driver’s vision, reaction time and judgment. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, South Carolina has one of the nation’s highest numbers of drunk driving deaths.
• Road rage: This refers to several different types of driving behaviors that are aggressive and even violent. Tailgating, cutting a driver off, running a red light and trying to run a vehicle off the road are some examples.
• Poor vehicle maintenance: Maintaining a vehicle properly is essential for safety reasons. Failing to do so can result in mechanical failures that can be dangerous when on the road.
• Hit and run: This type of car accident occurs when a driver hits someone and leaves the scene of the accident. Fleeing from a crash can lead to serious consequences for the driver.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident victims are at risk of sustaining a wide range of injuries that can require extensive medical treatment. Injuries can include but are not limited to:
• Lacerations and bruises
• Broken bones
• Brain injuries
• Spinal cord injuries
• Internal bleeding
• Organ damage
Recovering Compensation After a Car Accident in Mt. Pleasant
Steinberg Law Firm can pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses that arise from your car accident. We understand that the legal process can seem confusing and stressful, but our compassionate car accident lawyers will guide you every step of the way.
Once we determine who is at fault for your injuries, our law firm can assist you with recovering damages for:
• Medical bills
• Lost earnings
• Vehicle repairs
• Pain and suffering
• Emotional trauma
You may be awarded punitive damages if the person who caused your car accident engaged in reckless behavior. However, this type of compensation is rare. If an individual was killed in a car accident, their family can file a wrongful death claim.
Who Is Liable for Car Accidents?
Determining who is responsible for your injuries lies at the heart of a car accident claim. Under South Carolina law, the person who caused your crash is also financially liable for it. For example, a careless motorist who was texting while driving may be to blame for your injuries.
Unfortunately, the at-fault party may try to avoid paying you. Having a skilled car accident lawyer is important for making sure you ultimately receive compensation for your medical bills, property damage and other losses despite resistance from the other side.
Steinberg Law Firm is prepared to go head-to-head with insurance companies and take your case to trial if necessary. We will gather video evidence, police reports, medical documents, witness statements and more to build your claim.
Contact Steinberg Law Firm Today
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident in Mt. Pleasant, Steinberg Law Firm is here to assist you. We will get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
WE HAVE RECOVERED OVER $500 MILLION FOR CLIENTS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, INCLUDING:
Car accident settlement
Workers' Comp Case
Leaders in the Legal Industry
Steinberg attorneys have been awarded numerous distinctions, such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News & World Report, Gedney M. Howe, Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service, the SC Leadership in Law award, and has been voted Best Workers’ Comp Firm in SC, among other distinctions.
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.