Defective Beachfront Home Renovation
Construction Defect Lawyers
If you have made the investment necessary to build a home, you should not have to suffer because the professionals you trusted provide a faulty design, or because manufacturers, builders or contractors were negligent.
To talk to an attorney, call us at 843-720-2800.
Defending the Rights of Homeowners
South Carolina Construction Defect Lawyers
Construction Defect Lawyers Representing Charleston Metropolitan Area and South Carolina
When construction defects endanger you and your family’s health, safety, and security, you need a team who will set things right. Our team of construction defect lawyers at Steinberg Law Firm is passionate about defending the rights of homeowners, and we know what it takes to bring an effective case to recover damages from building defects and make your dream whole.
You can trust our clients:
So thankful to Elliott Quinn and his great work to help us resolve an issue of damage to our home we could’ve never resolved on our own! We would definitely call on him again and the Steinberg Law Firm. - Kim
Answering Your Questions
How does South Carolina law protect home purchasers?
South Carolina law states that anyone who sells someone a new home, townhome, or condo guarantees that the home is suitable for someone to live in. If a home is not suitable for people to live in, the seller is liable to the homeowner. The law also states that anyone involved in the building, from engineers to architects to contractors, can be held liable for faulty work.
Recognizing Construction Defects
Construction defects can seriously damage a home, resulting in costly repairs, a lower property value, and health and safety problems.
Your home is supposed to be a personal haven and one of your biggest investments. You likely spent a long time and a lot of money to find the perfect house to serve you and your family for years to come. That is why a construction defect in your house, townhome, or condo can be devastating.
Construction Defects Can Appear At Any Time
Usually, the owner of a home, townhome, or condo sees only the outward signs that a construction problem may exist. The most significant damage from a construction problem is usually hidden in a wall, in the roof, or under flooring.
When Can I Bring a Claim?
South Carolina has laws that limit when a homeowner can bring a claim for construction defects. Two legal principles determine these timeframes: the Statute of Limitations and the Statute of Repose. Contact our construction defect team, and we will assess the issues in your home at no cost to you.
Construction Defect Lawyers in Goose Creek, Summerville and Charleston, South Carolina
Why Choose the Steinberg Law Firm
The Steinberg Law Firm Looks Out for Your Best Interests
We’ve built our reputation on treating each client with the same high level of respect and professionalism.
Construction defects can cause property damage that lowers the value of your investment and, in some cases, results in safety and health hazards to the people living in and around the building. Act quickly to guard your investment and fix your home by contacting attorneys experienced in construction defect litigation.
Our team of construction defect lawyers at Steinberg Law Firm is passionate about defending the rights of homeowners, and we know what it takes to bring an effective case to recover damages for building defects. Do not hesitate to contact our construction litigation attorneys today.
Examples of Construction Defects
At Steinberg Law Firm, we work with clients who are dealing with construction defects that include the following:
- Leaks and rot in exterior walls
- Leaking windows
- Leaking and failing roofs
- Soil settlement, foundation movement, and foundation cracks
- Cracking brick masonry
- Moisture and mold problems
- Cracking, separating, bowed, or stained flooring
- Yards that hold water and do not drain
- Heat and air conditioning systems that do not perform or cause moisture problems
What Causes Construction Defects?
Common causes of construction defects include the following:
- Negligent construction work
- Defective building materials
- Negligent architectural, engineering, or other design work
- Negligent soil analysis or soil placement
Who is Responsible for a Construction Defect?
Under South Carolina law, the following people are potentially liable for defects in your home:
- General contractor
- Manufacturers or distributors of products installed in your home
Elliotte and Monica, Just want to say THANK YOU! You are a great team and both of you did a great job with helping me win this case. God Bless.
So thankful to Elliott Quinn and his great work to help us resolve an issue of damage to our home we could’ve never resolved on our own! We would definitely call on him again and the Steinberg Law Firm.
Evaluating Your Construction Defect Claim
What should I do if I discover a construction defect in my home?
If you find a construction defect in your home, contact the construction defect lawyers at Steinberg Law Firm as soon as possible. If the defect is a serious problem, it needs to be inspected by an architect or engineer who is an expert in the field – not by an architect or engineer associated with the builder.
The experienced construction defect attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm have relationships with construction defect experts who can evaluate an issue to figure out if you have a claim worth pursuing.
Your Questions Answered
Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Defects
- Construction Defect Alerts
- Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Defects
- How does South Carolina law protect home purchasers?
- How long do I have to file a suit against the developer or builder for my home?
- How long does a construction lawsuit last?
- How much will a construction lawsuit cost me?
- I did not purchase my home or condo directly from the builder. Do I still have a claim against the builder?
- If I sue my builder, can I continue living in my home or condo while the lawsuit is ongoing?
- If I sue my builder, will I have to go to court?
- If my warranty has expired, does that mean I no longer have a claim against the developer or contractors?
- If the builder or developer that sold me my home, townhome, or condo is no longer in business or is bankrupt, can I still recover for construction defects?
- Is arbitration mandatory?
- What are signs that foundation or settlement problems exist in my home?
- What are signs that problems exist in the walls of my home?
- What are signs that roof problems exist in my home?
- What are signs that water leak problems exist in my home?
- What are signs that window or window leak problems exist in my home?
- What are some of the potential construction problems in roofs?
- What are some of the potential construction problems in walls?
- What are some of the potential construction problems related to foundations, soil, and settlement?
- What are some of the potential construction problems related to windows and window leaks?
- What are some potential construction problems related to water leaks?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of arbitration?
- What compensation can I get from a lawsuit for construction defects?
- What duty does a homeowner’s association have in relation to construction defects?
- What if the builder says there is no problem with my home?
- What is a class action?
- What is a construction defect?
- What is arbitration?
- What is flashing?
- What is mildew?
- What is mold?
- What is wood rot?
- What role do homeowner’s associations play in addressing construction defects?
- What should I do if I find a construction defect?
- Where does The Steinberg Law Firm handle construction cases?
- Who can sue for a problem in a townhome or condominium?
- Who is responsible and liable for a construction defect?
- Why do I need to hire a lawyer experienced in construction issues?
- Why should I worry about construction problems when my builder gave me a warranty?
- South Carolina Appeal Lawyer
- South Carolina Construction Defects Guide
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.
News and Updates From Our Blog
Talk to a Construction Defect Lawyer in Charleston
For a free review of your case, call us at 843-720-2800
If your home has damage from a construction defect, our South Carolina construction defect lawyers are ready to pursue aggressive action against the liable party.
Contact the Steinberg Law Firm or call us at 843-720-2800 to talk with a member of our professional legal staff and find out more about what we can do for you.