Having lived in Charleston all his life, David Pearlman has spent his entire life observing the dignity and respect of the law. David’s father, the Honorable Gus H. Pearlman, was Probate Judge for Charleston County for 35 years. “He taught me that everybody deserves respect, dignity, and equal justice no matter their background.” David Pearlman has spent his entire career trying to ensure that “justice for all” means just that.
While in college at University of Georgia and at George Washington University, David marched for civil and workers’ rights. After obtaining his law degree from the University of South Carolina Law School, he joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 1976. He then became a partner in 1980.
“Irving Steinberg founded the firm to help the working people of South Carolina,” he says, “It’s always been a perfect place for me to practice law.”
David has been a member of the South Carolina Bar for more than 40 years. He has won landmark cases before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court. He has been credited with successful victories protecting working people against some of the country’s largest corporations.
David has lectured and served on numerous committees devoted to workers’ rights, including serving as Legislative Chairperson for South Carolina Injured Workers’ Advocates (IWA) for the last 12 years. He is a past recipient of the Gedney M. Howe Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service. David previously served as an adjunct professor of Workers’ Compensation Law at the Charleston School of Law for 2 years. He is a 2011 and 2017 honorable recipient of the Leadership in Law by Lawyers Weekly. For over a decade, he has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America and respectably nominated by his peers as Super Lawyers year after year. Pearlman holds the highest professional and ethical rating (AV) in Martindale-Hubbell, a legal directory. Not only is David highly respected by peers, but he is deeply loved by his staff because of his character and passion to help people. His passion and heart for people is why he is the right lawyer for you.
David and his wife, Janet of 39 years, live on Sullivan’s Island and have two children. He is proud to say his daughter is a lawyer in Chicago, IL and his son is a lawyer in New York, NY.
First Year Recognized in Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants: 2011 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2005-06
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Attorney David T. Pearlman selected as 2017 South Carolina Leadership in Law Honoree
- Steinberg Law Firm: A Legacy of Excellence
- 6 Attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm Listed in 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- David Pearlman Profiled in “Leadership in Law 2011″
- Malcolm Crosland & David Pearlman Named College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Fellows
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland Jr. named to Best Lawyers In America
- Linen v. Ruscon Construction Company – Workers’ Compensation Case – 1985
- Three Attorneys From Steinberg Law Firm Named Among Nation’s Best
- Muir v. C.R. Bard, Inc. – Workers’ Compensation Case – 1999
- Pearlman Named Best Workers Comp Lawyer in Charleston
- Steinberg Attorneys Selected for The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 Edition
- Steinberg Law Firm Secures Workers’ Comp Benefits for Client Who Tripped at Work
- Sellers v. Pinedale Residential Center – Workers’ Compensation Case – 2002
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- University of Georgia
- George Washington University
- South Carolina
Honors & Associations
- Legislative Chairperson for South Carolina Injured Workers’ Advocates (IWA)
- Recipient: Gedney M. Howe Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service
- 2011 and 2017 honorable recipient of the Leadership in Law by Lawyers Weekly
- (AV) in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
First Year Recognized in Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants: 2011
Recognized in Best Lawyers since