Jury awards $3 million in South Carolina malpractice lawsuit
The husband of a woman that died of septic shock filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against the hospital and doctor that where the woman went for treatment.
The woman went to the emergency room at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center in January 2002 after complaining of back and stomach pain. The doctor diagnosed her with kidney stones and gave her medication for the pain.
He told her to come back on Monday, but the woman died 48 hours after she left the hospital of septic shock. A jury determined that the hospital and the doctor were negligent because they failed to abide by the national standard of medicine. Hospital officials said that they do not agree with this verdict.
Our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends of the victim.
Car accidents happen every day. Even when the weather is at its best, collisions happen. When the weather conditions worsen, drivers must take extra precautions when operating their automobiles safely….