The Firm Gets Results
Clients hire the Steinberg Law Firm because we have been a trusted member of this community for more than 80 years. While we do not win every case, we do apply the same level of care and conviction to every client we serve.
Here are some examples of our recent results:
- A defendant ran a red light, crashing into another car and causing his victim’s vehicle to flip on its side and skid through the intersection. As a result of the collision, our client had $27,000.00 in medical bills, and needed a lifetime of medical treatment to manage his symptoms. We took the defendant to trial and obtained a verdict of $1,900,000.00.
- A man was driving home one afternoon when a speeding pickup truck slammed the rear of his car, sending it into a ditch. His neck was broken and he landed in the hospital on life support. Unable to speak or move, he finally succumbed nearly a month after the wreck. His family tried to get his medical bills paid by the truck driver’s insurance company, but they refused. The family hired the Steinberg Law Firm, and we filed a suit, deposed the trucker, and as a result got the insurance company to pay the $300,000 hospital bill, and pay his widow $2 million for pain, suffering, and loss of a loved one.
- We represented a young woman in a worker’s compensation case who was physically assaulted by her employer. The complications in this case were many: the employer claimed she had long ago fired our client (but we were able prove otherwise). A number of witnesses to the crime claimed they saw nothing. And the employer believed that she had too few employees to be accountable to the workers’ compensation system (we proved this was not the case). Ultimately, we were able to get our client compensated for her hospital bills.
- The Firm recently settled a case on behalf of a 22-year-old client injured by a falling tree limb that crashed through his roof while he was preparing for a GED class. Our client sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury, spent 10 days in the hospital and endured extensive therapy. We were able to sue his landlord for negligence and infractions of the Residential Landlord Tenant Act and help our client recover his medical expenses and lost wages.
- $3,400,000.00. Settlement for single car accident involving a road defect.
- $3,000,000.00. Settlement against house manufacturer and contractor.
- $1,400,000.00 million settlement for boatman injured by “monkey fist” at the port.
- $225,000.00. Construction worker fell 20 feet and was diagnosed with incomplete paraplegia. Workers’ Compensation Settlement.
- $200,000.00. Construction worker fell two (2) stories off of a house. Workers’ Compensation Settlement.
- $175,000.00. Worker was struck in the back of the leg, requiring multiple surgeries. Workers’ Compensation Settlement.
- $148,522.22. Longshoreman was hit by a truck at the Charleston port. Workers’ Compensation Settlement.
- $138,401.63. Worker injured his hand in a wood chipper. Order of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Any result the Steinberg Law Firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate results can be obtained for other clients.