How Distracted Driving can cause an Auto Accident
Distracted drivers cause auto accidents every day in the US. Sources of distraction can lead to accidents because they require the following functions:
- Manual – taking your hands away from driving
- Visual – taking your eyes away from driving
- Cognitive – taking your mind off the task of driving
There are many types of driver distraction, including:
- Talking on a phone
- Using an in-dash infotainment system
- Adjusting the stereo or other controls
- Eating or drinking
- Getting into a heated, emotional or otherwise distracting conversation with a passenger
- Staring at distracting things happening outside the window
If you were injured in an accident caused by a distracted driver, then you deserve maximum compensation for the ways the injury will affect your life. You may be unable to work, and are losing wages and income as a result. You may have mounting medical expenses and hospital bills, and could have difficulty supporting yourself and your dependents. Our lawyers will fight tirelessly to maximize the compensation you can recover.
For a free case evaluation, 24/7, please call Steinberg Law Firm, LLP, at 843-720-2800.
I Slipped and Fell In The Store Because of a Wet Floor, and There Was No Proper Warning. Who Is Liable For My Injury From The Fall?
Of the different types of accidents and injuries that can happen, slips, trips, and falls are among the most frequent. Suffering a slip and fall accident in a public place…
Eight Steinberg Law Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Attorneys Named in 2020 Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America”
Every year, Best Lawyers releases a list of the top attorneys for each geographical area. Attorneys are then further grouped by practice area. The process begins when attorneys nominate fellow…