Is My Car Accident Covered By Workers' Compensation?

We tend to think of car accidents and workers' compensation claims as two separate categories of personal injury law, but there can be a great deal of overlap between the two. Many jobs involve driving, and if you get injured in a job-related activity while driving your car, you may be able to file a workers' compensation claim for the accident.

Your car accident may be covered under workers' compensation if you:

  • Are running an errand for a boss or co-worker
  • Have a job that involves driving, and you are performing that job
  • Travel for work
  • Are making a delivery for your company
  • Are transporting a fellow employee in the company
  • Have a job that pays you for the time you commute

If you are not paid for travel time, you will likely not be able to make a claim for an accident while traveling to or from work. Some exceptions to this rule exist (for example, if you are running a work-related errand on your way to work), but you will need to discuss your particular case with a lawyer.

With decades of experience among our workers' compensation attorneys, Steinberg Law Firm is an excellent choice to handle your workers' comp claim. If you're unsure whether or not you have a case, come and talk to us. We'll look over your case and advise you on what steps to take next for free. You can contact our Charleston, Goose Creek, or Summerville offices by dialing 843-720-2800, or by filling out the "Free Case Review" form located above.

Updated on January 25, 2019

You May Also Like