A message to our valued clients, business associates, supporters, and friends:
At Steinberg Law Firm, the health, safety and overall well-being of our clients, business associates and the Lowcountry community as a whole are of utmost importance. Given the increasing concern surrounding the recent pandemic of COVID-19, otherwise known as the novel
Coronavirus, these are uncertain times. At Steinberg Law Firm, we wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update as to what we are doing to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus and how we are continuing to serve our clients. We understand our obligation to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and want to assure you that we will honor all health advisories and mandates while maintaining normal business operations.
We want to assure you that regardless of what preventative measures are implemented, the Steinberg Law Firm will remain fully available to you. Your calls and e-mails will be answered, and we will continue to represent our clients with the same energy, commitment, and experience you expect and deserve.
The dedicated staff at Steinberg Law Firm remains committed to serving clients and furthering their interests at every opportunity. Phone calls to our office will be accessed remotely by attorneys and support staff. Missed calls will be returned as soon as possible. Documents will be handled electronically. We will continue to check our mail daily and reach out to you if the need arises. For those who need to drop a document off at our offices, please reach out in advance and we will arrange a time for you to come by.
If you have plans to come into our office in the coming weeks, we will reach out to you shortly to discuss setting up a Personal Meeting/Video Conference.
Proactive Steps We Have Taken to Protect Our Clients and Staff
- Clients who do visit our office will notice that we are maintaining social distancing. This means that we should not be shaking hands, hugging or touching anyone. We realize this may feel unusual and impersonal; however, it is through these actions that COVID-19 spreads. By eliminating this type of contact, we all can reduce the chances of inadvertently spreading the virus.
- We keep hand sanitizer readily available throughout our lobby and in each attorney’s office and urge everyone – employees and visitors – to use it frequently. In addition, our vigilant cleaning crew is cleaning high-touch areas multiple times a day, and all meeting areas will be cleaned after each meeting.
- We ask all clients, business associates and employees not to come into the office if they are feeling sick or have had close contact with someone who is ill. Again, this is done out of concern for those in the community most at risk.
- We understand that you may not feel comfortable coming into the office, so we can arrange for video conferences rather than in-person meetings for those who are interested. We use both FaceTime or Zoom, whichever is more convenient for you. Please call our offices at 843-720-2800 to arrange a virtual meeting.
- This restriction on face-to-face meetings will also include meetings that have typically been done in person, including deposition, mediation and hearing preparation meetings. If such a meeting is already scheduled, we will likely be contacting you to change it to a telephone conference.
- For trial preparation meetings, your lawyer will decide on a case-by-case basis whether it’s necessary to meet face-to-face. We will also be handling settlement disbursements remotely unless there is an unusual reason not to do the same. There is no reason why your lawyer cannot mail or email your settlement documents to you and then explain them to you on a line-by-line basis over the telephone. Our strong preference will be that we wire your net settlement proceeds to your bank. Our law firm is willing to cover the cost of the wiring process and you will not be charged for the same. If you prefer to receive a check, we will mail the check to you.
- We love our clients and it seems unnatural to us to have to limit our face-to-face meetings – and physical contact – with you. However, this situation is uncharted territory for all of us and we all need to be as prudent as possible.
What You Can Do to Protect Yourself and Those Important to You
Stopping or slowing the spread of COVID-19 is a community effort. We encourage all our clients and business associates to take a few simple, everyday actions to help prevent further spread of COVID-19 and all respiratory viruses, including:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Using hand sanitizer is also acceptable; however, it is less effective than soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with those who you know are sick, those who exhibit symptoms, or those who have been around others who are sick.
- If you are feeling sick, stay at home.
- If you have a fever, shortness of breath and are coughing, consider seeking immediate medical attention.
- Refrain from gathering in groups of more than ten.
- When interacting with others, keep at least a six-foot distance.
- Cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing. If using a tissue, dispose of the tissue immediately and either wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects, such as doorknobs and handles, with a disinfectant spray or wipes.
- Exercise special caution when visiting or interacting with older friends and family members, as well as those with pre-existing health conditions, as these people are at the highest risk.
We understand that these are unprecedented and difficult times, and we truly appreciate your understanding and cooperation, as well as your willingness to make these adjustments. This is a fluid situation that can change very rapidly. Along those lines, we will continue to monitor all updates by the Center for Disease Control and other government organizations.
At Steinberg Law Firm, we understand that your legal needs continue even during this predicament, and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of representation. We are taking these steps to protect you, our valued staff, and the community as a whole. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support. Please, take care of yourself as well as those around you during this challenging time.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your team at Steinberg Law Firm if we can be of any assistance. As always, we are here for you.
For more information regarding the Coronavirus, below are a few additional resources:
CDC - Coronavirus Overview
Harvard Medical School
World Health Organization
*This page was written with the most up to date information and this information is subject to change as more information about the virus is released & found.