Summer Travel Safety Tips
Memorial Day weekend was just the beginning of the summer road trip season. If you are heading out on the roads this summer for a family vacation, keep these tips in mind for a safer trip.
- Buckle up. Seat belts save lives. Make sure that you and all of your passengers are buckled up safely before you go.
- Put the phone down. Distracted driving is becoming a deadly epidemic in this country. Don’t become a statistic. While you are driving, designate someone else in the car to handle navigation and incoming texts and calls.
- Don’t drive after drinking. Drunk driving accidents still kill almost 10,000 people each year. If you have indulged in a few beers or cocktails, don’t get behind the wheel.
- Watch out for children. Kids are often hard at play and unaware of their surroundings. As a driver, stay extra vigilant during summer road trips, especially in parking lots and residential areas.
- Don’t leave children or pets in the car. You may think it’s safe to “just run in” somewhere and leave a child or pet in the car, but summer temperatures can rise quickly in a locked car and put your loved ones in serious danger.
At the Steinberg Law Firm, our attorneys our dedicated to helping the victims of auto accidents get the compensation they deserve. If you or your loved one is injured in a car accident this summer, call our experienced lawyers at 843-720-2800. We represent clients throughout the Charleston, South Carolina area.
A recent review on the best states to practice medicine was done and South Carolina ranked high on the list for one of the best climates for physicians. The study…