Catherine D. Meehan
Catie’s dual passions for law and medicine led her to the Steinberg Law Firm, where attorneys work with individuals who have been injured at work or in their daily lives.
Catherine “Catie” Meehan graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Charleston School of Law in May of 2013, having already distinguished herself in the medical field. She earned numerous CALI Awards (signifying the highest grade earned in a class) for her academic performance. She also received the Founder’s Award for Professionalism in Advocacy.
Catie served as the Student Works Editor of the Charleston Law Review and is the author of two published articles: one exploring property rights of human tissue published in the Charleston Law Review and the other a study of the NFL concussion litigation and a proposal to create a victim relief fund to compensate former NFL players with football-related neurological injuries published on nflconcussionlitigation.com.
Armed with a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Notre Dame, Catie headed to the Medical University of South Carolina to earn a B.S. in Nursing. She worked as a pediatric nurse for three years at MUSC before pursuing a law degree.
Upon completing two internship/clerkship appointments, Catie knew she wanted her legal career to focus on helping people, not corporations. Catie’s dual passions for law and medicine led her to the Steinberg Law Firm, where attorneys work with individuals who have been injured at work or in their daily lives.
Catie serves on the Charleston School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Strategic Volunteer Engagement Committee for Reading Partners South Carolina. She is a member of the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, Junior League, the South Carolina Bar Association and its Young Lawyers Division. Catie and her husband, Jerry, live in Charleston with their daughter.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Eight Steinberg Law Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Attorneys Named in 2020 Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America”
- Attorney Catherine Meehan Settles $3.8 Million Workers’ Compensation Case
- 8 Attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm Listed in 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Life After A Workplace Accident – Kids Chance of South Carolina
- How Susceptible Are Nurses to Injuries While On The Job? Attorney Catherine Meehan Knows From Firsthand Experience
- Protecting the Silent Third Party: The Need for Legislative Reform With Respect to Informed Consent and Research on Human Biological Materials – Charleston Law Review, 2012
- Steinberg Law Firm Volunteers for MUSC Children’s Hospital’s Comfort Meals Program
- Attorneys Jordan, Meehan Win Big Settlement for Auto Accident Client
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- University of Notre Dame
- Charleston School of Law, Magna Cum Laude
- South Carolina
Honors & Associations
- Founder's Award for Professionalism in Advocacy
- Student Works Editor, Charleston Law Review
- Charleston School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors
- South Carolina Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Best Lawyers in America