Michael J. Jordan joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 2006. Michael grew up in Columbia then attended college at the University of South Carolina where he earned his B.A. Degree. He received his law degree from the Florida Coastal School of Law. Immediately after graduating from law school, Michael joined The Steinberg Law Firm.
Michael was drawn to the Steinberg Law Firm because of its long history, dedication to helping injured workers and strong reputation in personal injury trials. He especially recognized the importance of the firm’s reputation for delivering proven results for the injured people of South Carolina.
For three years in a row, Michael has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for 2016, 2017 and 2018. He was selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2014.
Michael volunteers his time within the greater Charleston community. His dedication to volunteering began while in law school, where Jordan volunteered his services in a legal aid clinic. The work in the legal aid clinic helped him appreciate every citizen’s right to a fair hearing. He has continued this service to the community by devoting time to Lowcountry AIDS Services in Charleston. Michael volunteers with other non-profit organizations, including Kids Chance of South Carolina.
Michael is a past President of the Berkeley County Bar Association. He was named to the Executive Committee of the SC Injured Workers Advocates. He is also a member of the South Carolina Bar, Charleston County Bar Association, Berkeley County Bar Association, South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association and South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division. His trial work has been featured in SC Lawyers Weekly newspaper.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- 8 Attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm Listed in 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Michael J. Jordan Unanimously Voted into TLA Board of Directors
- Steinberg Attorney Michael J. Jordan Sponsors The Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team’s 4th Annual Golf Tournament
- Attorney Michael Jordan Settles Complicated Injury Case
- Attorneys Michael Jordan and Catie Meehan Win Big Settlement
- Michael Jordan’s Charleston County EMS Lawsuit Featured on WCIV ABC News 4
- Attorney Michael Jordan Representing 27 EMS Workers in Labor Case against Charleston County
- Steinberg Law Firm Proud to Announce $1.9M Verdict in Auto Tort Case
- Attorney Michael Jordan Elected President of Berkeley County Bar
- Steinberg Law Firm Secures Workers’ Comp Benefits for Client Who Tripped at Work
- Attorneys Jordan, Meehan Win Big Settlement for Auto Accident Client
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- University of South Carolina
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- South Carolina
Honors & Associations
- Past president, Berkeley County Bar Association
- Executive Committee, SC Injured Workers Advocates
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Berkeley County Bar Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- Lowcountry AIDS Services
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers