Local Law Firm Gives Each Employee $100 to Bless Someone This Holiday
At the beginning of each year, our employees are given $15,000 with the opportunity to choose how they want to donate that money through the Employee Community Fund. After organizations are chosen, each month of the year is dedicated to the selected organizations through our Casual Fridays. Casual Fridays are a day in which employees donate $10 to wear jeans to the office. Each month, the employees fundraise $300-$600 from wearing jeans and the entire proceeds are donated to the charity highlighted that month. In addition, not only do we donate monetarily, we dedicate our time through volunteer days. This year, we decided to take it a step further. For the months of November and December, each staff member was given $100 and challenged to find creative ways to give back to the surrounding communities. The staff were encouraged to share their stories, pictures and their inspiration behind the organization they chose to dedicate their time and money toward. The staff had a memorable experience participating in this $100 challenge and wanted to share their stories and memories with you.
Here are some of the ways they participated in the $100 Blessing Challenge:
- Bought a carload of food and supplies for the animals at Dorchester Paws and spent the afternoon playing with them (even helped a cat get adopted).
- Donated $100 to a friend raising money for a mission trip to Thailand.
- Purchased hats, gloves and crossword puzzles for cancer patients going through chemotherapy.
- Donated money to the Youth Empowerment Services who create positive community involvement in young girl’s lives.
- Created “necessity bags” for the homeless that contained hats, gloves, non-perishable food items, toiletries, etc.
- Donated $100 to two children in the Make-A-Wish Foundation and was able to put together bags of items to enhance their dream vacation.
- Several employees put their money together to create “Blessing Boxes” which were stocked with non-perishable food items, basic toiletries, blankets, clothing, baby supplies and anything that could be considered a blessing to someone who finds themselves in need.
The smallest gift or simple action can change someone’s life. Whether that be money for food, donating clothes, volunteering at a crisis center or even hugging a child and letting them know they are loved can change a person’s outlook on a situation or life. The Holidays are the perfect time to bless families or children who are in need. How will you change your community?
Many workers who suffer injuries while at work are afraid to report their injury or to file a claim because they are afraid of getting fired. Many workers who witness…