Did You Slip and Fall at ALDI? Let Our Attorneys Help You
ALDI is a grocery store chain founded over 50 years ago in Germany. ALDI US opened its first United States location in Iowa in 1976. Headquartered in Batavia, Illinois, ALDI has over 1900 stores across 36 states and more than 25,000 employees. With thousands of customers shopping at ALDI stores every day, spills may occur that go unnoticed. ALDI employees may leave items in the aisles or around the store that force customers to try and maneuver around them to shop. Many potential hazards may exist at ALDI inside the store during business hours and throughout the day on the premises that could lead to slip and fall injuries. ALDI has a duty to its shoppers to keep them safe by preventing spills, maintaining cleanliness and warning customers of any hazards.
Slip and Fall Injuries to ALDI Customers
Many ALDI customers have slip and fall accidents that result in serious injuries. Though they are not fatal, they may still cause a heavy burden on customers’ daily lives. Some accidents that occur at a grocery store happen because one customer dropped food or liquid, and another customer slips and falls. However, other grocery store accidents may be preventable like uneven carpet or wet floors. Such situations happen because employees or the store are negligent in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the store.
Several causes for slip and fall accidents include:
- Poor or no lighting in the store or parking lot
- Wet floors with no “wet floor” sign
- Items and equipment left in store aisles and other walking paths of customers
- Ripped carpets and rugs
- Uneven or broken floors
- Food or other merchandise on the floor
- Merchandise or debris falling and striking customers
- Improper design, installation and repair of steps, stairs, elevators and escalators
Slip and fall accidents, whether preventable or non-preventable, generally result in injuries. Slip and fall injuries range from mild to severe, such as:
- Torn or pulled ligaments and/or tendons
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cracked, chipped or broken teeth
- Back and spinal injuries
- Concussions and other head injuries
The extent of your injuries from a slip and fall at ALDI may entitle you to receive compensation. You may recover damages for:
- Lost wages and future wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damaged in the fall, such as clothing, cellphone or watch
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident at ALDI
When you slip and fall at the ALDI, you may be so overwhelmed with the situation that you do not know what do next. Below is a list of steps you should take aft a slip and fall accident at ALDI:
1. Get medical attention immediately after your fall.
2. Do not give any statements to or sign any documents from any Target employees or representatives.
3. Get an incident report from the store manager.
4. Document everything involving the accident, including:
- Date, time and location of your slip and fall
- Details about your fall
- Photographs of your injuries immediately after and days after your fall
- Names of witnesses, if possible or if any
5. Keep all records concerning your fall, including medical reports and bills.
WE HAVE RECOVERED OVER $500 MILLION FOR CLIENTS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, INCLUDING:
Car Accident Settlement
Workers' Comp Case
Leaders in the Legal Industry
Steinberg attorneys have been awarded numerous distinctions, such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News & World Report, Gedney M. Howe, Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service, the SC Leadership in Law award, and has been voted Best Workers’ Comp Firm in SC, among other distinctions.
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.