Charleston Fatal Bus Accidents Lawyer
While buses are considered extremely secure, they still count for several fatalities each year. There are high expectations surrounding bus drivers for public and private corporations alike. However, this level of expected care is not always met. If your loved one was a victim in a fatal bus accident, you may be feeling shocked and upset. Though your loss can never be returned in full, you may be entitled to compensation from the bus company. Reach out to the skilled team of attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm today for a free consultation to better understand your situation. We promise to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Buses fall under common carrier law since they are offering transportation of people as their business. Their expected level of care is high because the general public is relying on them for safety as well as paying for their transportation, especially in the instance of school buses. If a bus driver breaches their expectation of care for the bus riders, it is considered negligence. If a person is killed due to this negligence, the family of the victim may be entitled to compensation.
There is a specific time period, called a statute of limitations, in which a claim must be filed against the bus driver or company. Further rules are applied when minor children or people with disabilities are injured or killed as a result of a bus accident. It is advised to contact an experienced attorney to have complete knowledge of the laws and circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death.
There are many different factors that can cause a bus accident. The more common instigators include:
- Traffic violations. If a bus driver violated a traffic law, they can be held accountable for a bus accident. Violations can include failing to signal when changing lanes, driving on the wrong side of the road and leaving the road.
- Road conditions. Both natural and man-made conditions can make roads unsafe, including weather and construction. The government may be held liable if an accident is caused by lack of road maintenance.
- Driver negligence. Bus drivers’ negligence can cause accidents as well. This can include common distractions like talking to a passenger, exhaustion or driving under the influence.
- Roof failure. A strong roof is extremely important for a bus in the case of a rollover accident. The federal government now has requirements surrounding the structure of bus roofs.
If your loved one died in a bus accident and was not negligent, you may be entitled to certain compensation. The financial and emotional recoveries can include:
- Past medical bills. Medical bills can become very taxing financially and emotionally. Compensation from an accident can cover the medical bills incurred before your loved one passed away.
- Pain and suffering. Your suffering matters to us. You can receive compensation for your pain and suffering and emotional detriment.
- Loss of companionship. We understand that nothing can replace your companionship. Compensation can help assist you on your road to emotional recovery.
- Loss of financial support. If you depended on your loved one’s financial support, you may be able to recover compensation for future wages that were lost as a result of your loved one’s passing.
There are many reasons why you may want to reach out to an experienced wrongful death attorney at Steinberg Law Firm. These can include if the insurance company is delaying a settlement, if the negligent company or driver is uninsured or if the financial losses have still not been reimbursed. Contact Steinberg Law Firm today to gain the best legal counsel for wrongful death.
WE HAVE RECOVERED OVER $500 MILLION FOR CLIENTS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, INCLUDING:
Car Accident Settlement
Fatal Car Accident
Leaders in the Legal Industry
Steinberg attorneys have been awarded numerous distinctions, such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News & World Report, Gedney M. Howe, Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service, the SC Leadership in Law award, and has been voted Best Workers’ Comp Firm in SC, among other distinctions.
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.