Kelly M. Alfreds
Kelly M. Alfreds began working in the legal field at age 19. She practices out of our Summerville office and handles workers’ compensation and personal injury cases.
Kelly M. Alfreds grew up in Connecticut and began working in the legal field at age 19. She graduated cum laude from the Charleston School of Law in 2014. Kelly’s article, When Courts Determine Legislative Intent: Harsh Criteria for lifetime benefits under the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act, was published in the Charleston Law Review in 2014.
Kelly is a member of the Charleston County Bar Association, Dorchester County Bar Association, Dorchester Chamber of Commerce, Injured Workers’ Advocates, the South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, South Carolina Bar Association and its Young Lawyers Division. She is also a certified mediator.
Kelly currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Development Committee for Children In Crisis d/b/a Dorchester Children’s Center, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving abused and neglected children and their families from Dorchester County and parts of Berkeley and Charleston Counties.
She practices out of our Summerville office and handles workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. Kelly lives in Summerville with her husband, Brent, and two Boston Terriers, Bella and Chloe.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Kelly Alfreds Leads Pro Bono Wills Program for Police Officers, Firefighters, and Paramedics
- Summerville Attorney Kelly Alfreds Sponsoring Annual Golf Tournament Benefiting Dorchester Children’s Center
- Attorney Kelly Alfreds Raising Funds for 5th Annual Dancing With The ARK’s Stars in Summerville
- Summerville Journal Scene: A Night with the Stars
- Steinberg Law Firm Offers Free Wills for Summerville Police Officers
- Steinberg Law Firm Spins for Pattison’s Academy
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- Charleston School of Law, Cum Laude
- South Carolina
Honors & Associations
- Charlseton County Bar Association
- Dorchester County Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Board of Director and Chair, Development Committee, Children In Crisis
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40