Tom White grew up in the textile-producing Upstate of South Carolina working third shift in the cotton mills.That experience shaped his desire to help working people.
He graduated from the University of Virginia with distinction, he then graduated in the top of his class at the South Carolina School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the SC Bar in 1978. Tom began his law career as a public defender and joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 1980. He is a member of the Charleston County Bar Association, the South Carolina Bar Association and the South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association. For the past twenty years, Tom has been listed in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers For Workers’ Compensation. Tom exclusively handles work injury cases with many cases paid to the injured workers in excess of a million dollars.
Tom has served on the Charleston County Common Pleas Liaison Committee and the Charleston County Grievance Committee. He is a former municipal judge in Goose Creek
and is a member of the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Claimants’ Association.
Tom lives in Charleston with his wife and has three children and three grandchildren.
First Year Recognized in Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants: 2011 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2007
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Eight Steinberg Law Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Attorneys Named in 2020 Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America”
- 8 Attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm Listed in 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Steinberg Law Firm: A Legacy of Excellence
- 5 Attorneys Win “Best Lawyers in America” Awards 2016
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland named to Best Lawyers In America
- Steinberg Law Firm Spins for Pattison’s Academy
- Schurlknight v. City of Charleston – Workers’ Compensation Case – 2002
- Three Attorneys From Steinberg Law Firm Named Among Nation’s Best
- Attorney Tom White Named Among Best Lawyers in America
- Two Partners in Steinberg Law Firm Named Among America’s Best Attorneys
- Tom White Settles Complicated Workers’ Compensation Case for $165,000.00
- Attorney Thomas M. White Launches Bike Safety Campaign
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- University of Virginia
- South Carolina School of Law
- South Carolina
Honors & Associations
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Claimants' Association
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
First Year Recognized in Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants: 2011
Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2007