Higher Learning Scholarship Winners Announced
Steinberg Law Firm is pleased to award $1,000 scholarships to five South Carolina graduating high school seniors who plan to attend a four-year college in the fall.
“We are honored to support the educational pursuits of students in our community,” Attorney David Pearlman said. “With these scholarships, Steinberg Law Firm continues its long history of giving help to those in need.”
The following students are this year’s winners of the Higher Learning Scholarship:
- Ashley Rowell of Hanahan High School in the Berkeley County School District. Rowell will be attending Clemson University.
- Hunter White of Stratford High School in the Berkeley County School District. White will be attending Charleston Southern University.
- Alicia Wallick of Northwood Academy. Wallick will be attending Columbia International University.
- Britney Cano of Bishop England High School. Cano will be attending Winthrop University.
- Dawson Hays of Palmetto High School in Anderson School District One. Hays will be attending Clemson University.
The contest for the Higher Learning Scholarship required students to submit a creative entry that warns of the dangers of texting and driving. Steinberg Law Firm selected the winners based on the entries as well as the students’ school activities, special honors and community involvement.
While the Steinberg Law Firm is best known for protecting the rights of injured people, it also takes pride in its service to the Charleston community. For over 90 years, its mission has been to give back to local organizations across the Lowcountry who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
The Steinberg Community Fund Program provides donations to various nonprofit organizations focused on education, literacy, health care or workforce development in the Lowcountry.
The Higher Learning Scholarship, offered every year, is just one way Steinberg Law Firm supports education. The firm also has provided scholarships to cover the cost of college textbooks, recognized high school student-athletes who excel in both school and sports and handed out free backpacks filled with supplies for students in need.
Congratulations to the winners and best of luck in their future endeavors.
A woman in Anderson County, South Carolina who was involved in a fatal car accident Friday has been charged with a a felony. According to Lance Corporal Scot Edgeworth of...