Malcolm Crosland grew up in Charleston, and spent his youth fishing, hunting and surfing on its then-empty beaches. Born to a family of attorneys, he graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1987 and immediately joined the Steinberg Law Firm.
Malcolm was drawn to the firm’s reputation for fairness and for protecting injured people and their families. His practice is based in our downtown office, but Malcolm travels throughout the state to meet with clients and help them fight for their rights.
Recognized year after year by Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers, Malcolm holds an A/V (the highest level) rating with Martindale-Hubble for his professional and ethical performance. He’s a past president of Injured Workers Advocates, the only statewide organization for attorneys dedicated to the protection of the rights of injured workers. He has served on the Board of Directors for Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG), a national organization whose mission is to protect the rights of working people in the United States.
He has also served on a number of charitable boards and law-related committees, including the Brain Injury Association of South Carolina. In addition to litigating for people injured by the negligence of others, Crosland represents working men and women before the SC Workers Compensation Commission and the U.S. Department of Labor. Malcolm is responsible for numerous appellate decisions in both state and federal courts.
When Malcolm isn’t practicing law, he can be found in one of five places: enjoying family time with his wife and son, fishing the waters around Charleston, surfing, cooking or golfing. He has a strong work ethic and a passion for ensuring that the justice system works for the hard working men and women of the state.
- Malcolm Crosland succeeds in Workers Compensation Appeal
- Malcolm Crosland wins appeal in Workers Compensation Case
- Malcolm Crosland succeeds before Supreme court of South Carolina in suing the South Carolina Department of Transportation
- Charleston Personal Injury Attorney Malcolm Crosland Secures $225k Verdict for Injured Longshoreman
- Malcolm Crosland & David Pearlman Named College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Fellows
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland Jr. named to Best Lawyers In America