What are some of the most common work related injuries?
South Carolina workers’ compensation cases often involve many common injuries. Most work injuries are minor, only needing one or two trips to the doctor’s and a few days off work. But other injuries can be quite serious, requiring months of treatment and possibly years off of work, or permanent disabilities or even death. Here are some standard work related injuries that we see most often.
Spinal cord injuries in the neck and lower back including bulging
and herniated discs, cervical and lumbar fusions, broken or
fractured vertebrae, and degenerative disc disease caused from years
of repetitive movement;
Shoulder injuries such as rotator cuff tears, dislocated shoulders,
and degenerative conditions that require shoulder replacement
Knee injuries such as dislocated knees, torn ACL, MCL or other
ligaments, and degenerative conditions requiring total knee
Carpal tunnel syndrome, causing severe pain and numbness in the
hands and fingers and is caused by severely repetitive motions with
the hands and wrists during work activities;
Broken bones due to trip and falls or being entangled with a
Lacerations, amputations and burns due to unsafe work activities;
Overexertion injuries causing pulled muscles and ligaments in
various parts of the body;
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) or Reflex Sympathetic
Lung injuries from inhaling toxic fumes or from working in factories
for a long time, contracting COPD;
Accidents that cause a fatality.
If you are injured at work, the best thing to do is to contact the workers’ compensation lawyers at the Steinberg Law Firm. We have helped hundreds of injured workers get the benefits they deserve and helped to protect them and their families from financial ruin. There is no downside to contacting us to help you with your work injury claim. The initial consultation is free.
Other Workplace Injury FAQs:
- Can I be compensated for missing time from work?
- Can you be fired while on worker’s compensation in South Carolina?
- Can you sue your employer in South Carolina?
- Do I have to work if my doctor approves “light duty” work?
- How does the workers’ compensation judge calculate how much money you get?
- How does workers’ compensation work in South Carolina?
- How long does workers’ compensation last?
- How much does it cost to hire a workers’ compensation law firm?
- I was injured on the job. Can I file a suit against my employer?
- What are some of the most common work related injuries?
- What can disqualify me from South Carolina workers’ compensation?
- What does Partial Disability mean under South Carolina’s workers’ compensation law?
- What does Total Disability mean under South Carolina’s workers’ compensation law?
- What Happens if I’ve been hurt on the job and I’m permanently disabled?
- What happens to my job if I’ve been injured?
- What if I need to get back to work, but my doctor hasn’t approved it?
- What if I’ve seen my company doctor but want a second opinion?
- What if the employee dies due to a work injury? What kind of benefits does the family get?
- Why do I need a workers’ compensation lawyer? Shouldn’t I just contact the insurance company by myself?
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.