Malcolm M. Crosland, Jr.
Malcolm's strong work ethic and passion for ensuring that the justice system works for the hard working men and women of the state makes him the right lawyer for you.
Malcolm Crosland represents clients injured by the negligence of others in both state and federal courts, the South Carolina Worker's Compensation Commission, and the U.S. Department of Labor. Malcolm is known for his honesty, compassion, integrity, and zealous pursuit of justice. He is responsible for numerous published appellate decisions in both State and Federal courts. Malcolm uses his skills to even the playing field for victims of catastrophic injuries and to achieve the best possible legal outcome for his clients.
Recognized year after year by Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, Malcolm holds an A/V (the highest level) rating with Martindale-Hubbell for his professional and ethical standards. Since 2009, Malcolm has received recognition by Best Lawyers in South Carolina year after year.
Malcolm is passionate about giving back to the community and has served on several charitable boards and law-related committees. Previously, he served on the board of directors of The Brain Injury Association of South Carolina, and Lowcountry Aids Services. Malcolm is the former President of The Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic and is currently the President of Workers Injury Law and Advocacy, a national organization whose mission is to protect the rights of working people.
Malcolm grew up in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, a few blocks from Charleston's harbor. Born to a family of attorneys, he attended the University of South Carolina and the University's School of Law. Malcolm says, "I was drawn to the Steinberg Law Firm's reputation for representing injured workers and their families." After graduating from law school, Malcolm immediately joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 1986.
When Malcolm isn't practicing law, he can be found in one of five places: enjoying time with his family, fishing the waters around Charleston, surfing, cooking, or playing golf.
His strong work ethic and passion for ensuring that the justice system works for the hard-working men and women of the state makes him the right lawyer for you.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Steinberg Law Firm Attorneys Named to the 2020 South Carolina Super Lawyers List
- Attorney Malcolm Crosland Named President-Elect of Workers’ Law and Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Eight Steinberg Law Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Attorneys Named in 2020 Edition of “The Best Lawyers in America
- Attorney Malcolm Crosland Honored With Major Award
- 8 Attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm Listed in 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Jr. Local Counsel for X-LITE Guardrail Device Failure
- Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Elected to the Board of Directors for Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic
- Attorney Malcolm Crosland Received President’s Award from WILG
- Steinberg Law Firm: A Legacy of Excellence
- Malcolm Crosland succeeds in Workers Compensation Appeal
- Crosland Fights For Disabled Workers’ Compensation Client
- Thomas v. 5 Star Transportation – Appeal from the Workers’ Compensation Commission – Opinion 5298
- Malcolm Crosland wins appeal in Workers Compensation Case
- Malcolm Crosland succeeds before Supreme court of South Carolina in suing the South Carolina Department of Transportation
- Elliot v. The Department of Transportation – Workers’ Compensation Appeal
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland Jr. named to Best Lawyers In America
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- University of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- South Carolina
Honors, Committees & Boards
- Past president, Injured Workers Advocate
- President-Elect, Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- Brain Injury Association of South Carolina
- Low Country Aids Servers
- Barrier Island Free Medical Clinic
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubble A/V
First Year Recognized in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs: 2017 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2009
First Year Recognized in Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants: 2011 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2009