Malcolm M. Crosland, Jr.
Malcolm's strong work ethic and passion for ensuring that the justice system works for the hard working men and women of the state makes him the right lawyer for you.
Malcolm Crosland grew up in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, a few blocks from Charleston’s harbor. Born to a family of attorneys, he graduated from the University of South Carolina for both his under graduate degrees as well as the University’s School of Law. In 1986 and immediately joined the Steinberg Law Firm.
Malcolm was drawn to the firm’s reputation for representing working people and protecting injured people and their families. He represents clients in both state and federal courts, the S.C Worker’s Compensation Commission and the U.S Department of Labor. He meets his clients to help them fight for their rights all throughout the lowcountry area.
In addition to litigating for people injured by the negligence of others, Crosland represents working men and women before the SC Workers Compensation Commission and the U.S. Department of Labor. Malcolm is responsible for numerous published appellate decisions in both State and Federal courts. He has also served on a number of charitable boards and law-related committees, including the Brain Injury Association of South Carolina, Lowcountry Aids Servers and most recently, The Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic.
Recognized year after year by Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers, Malcolm holds an A/V (the highest level) rating with Martindale-Hubbell for his professional and ethical standards. He’s a past president of Injured Workers Advocates, the only statewide organization for attorneys dedicated to the protection of the rights of injured workers. He’s been recognized in Best Lawyers every year since 2009. He has served on the Board of Directors and executive committee for Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG), a national organization whose mission is to protect the rights of working people in the United States.
When Malcolm isn’t practicing law, he can be found in one of five places: enjoying time with his family, fishing the waters around Charleston, surfing, cooking or golfing.
His strong work ethic and passion for ensuring that the justice system works for the hard working men and women of the state makes him the right lawyer for you.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Attorney Malcolm Crosland Honored With Major Award
- 8 Attorneys at Steinberg Law Firm Listed in 2018 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Jr. Local Counsel for X-LITE Guardrail Device Failure
- Attorney Malcolm M. Crosland Elected to the Board of Directors for Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic
- Attorney Malcolm Crosland Received President’s Award from WILG
- Steinberg Law Firm: A Legacy of Excellence
- Malcolm Crosland succeeds in Workers Compensation Appeal
- Crosland Fights For Disabled Workers’ Compensation Client
- Thomas v. 5 Star Transportation – Appeal from the Workers’ Compensation Commission – Opinion 5298
- Malcolm Crosland wins appeal in Workers Compensation Case
- Malcolm Crosland succeeds before Supreme court of South Carolina in suing the South Carolina Department of Transportation
- Elliot v. The Department of Transportation – Workers’ Compensation Appeal
- Attorneys Pearlman, White, & Crosland Jr. named to Best Lawyers In America
EDUCATION & ADMISSION
- University of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- South Carolina
Honors, Committees & Boards
- Past president, Injured Workers Advocate
- Past member, Board of Directors and executive committee, Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- Brain Injury Association of South Carolina
- Low Country Aids Servers
- Barrier Island Free Medical Clinic
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubble A/V
First Year Recognized in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs: 2017 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2009
First Year Recognized in Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants: 2011 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2009