What Questions Should I Ask in a Consultation?
When a person suffers an injury that was caused by someone else’s mistakes, that individual may decide to take legal action to pursue compensation. When taking this first step towards compensation, it is important for a claimant to ask the right questions of any prospective legal advisor.
#1: ‘WHAT COMES NEXT?’
It is important for anyone filing a personal injury lawsuit to understand the legal process involved in these cases. By having a more complete understanding of the legal process, a claimant can better prepare themselves emotionally for the hard-fought legal battles ahead. Also, by understanding the legal process, a person can have more realistic expectations of what they may face during their case.
#2: ‘WHEN SHOULD I FILE?’
Most lawyers will try to get a claimant to file their injury claim as quickly as possible, and this is because of the statute of limitations. If a person waits too long to file their claim, they may not be allowed to pursue any legal action against the responsible party. A lawyer can help their client determine whether a claim still falls within the statute of limitations and roughly how much time a person has to file.
#3: ‘WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE OUTCOMES?’
Compensation is the ultimate aim of most personal injury lawsuits, but there may also be additional outcomes or sentencing. By asking an attorney about what they can realistically expect from their personal injury lawsuit, a claimant can have a better perspective throughout his or her case.
Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Charleston & nearby areas of South Carolina
If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, our dedicated attorneys may be able to help you fight for compensation. To discuss your options further, contact the Charleston personal injury lawyers of the Steinberg Law Firm today by calling 843-720-2800.
- 3 Facts about Compensation You Should Know
- 3 Important Facts about the Statute of Limitations
- Abusive Head Trauma
- Accident Liability in Borrowed Vehicles
- Agnosia and Brain Injury
- Anti-Depressant Withdrawal
- Automotive Brake Failure
- Becoming Intoxicated on the Road
- Boat Accident Factors
- Burn Injury: Truth and Consequences
- Can You Sue for Injuries Caused by First Responders?
- Can You Work Towards a Faster Lawsuit?
- Child Car Seat Defects
- Choosing Safe Toys for your Children
- Common Motor Vehicle Defects and Malfunctions
- Comparative Negligence in South Carolina
- Construction Defects and Injuries
- Dangerous Pharmaceutical Products
- Dangers of Electrocution
- Daycare Neglect
- Defective Seat Belts
- Do You Need a Lawyer if Fault is Clear?
- Drafting on the Highway
- Driver Error
- Driving and Illegal Drugs
- Driving in Inclement Weather
- DUI Car Accidents
- Expert Witnesses for Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Fetal Scalp Electrode Monitoring Problems
- First Aid for Chemical Burns
- First Aid for Electrical Burns
- First Aid for Flame Burns
- Fitness Center Injuries
- Five Mistakes Accident Victims Make
- Grounds for a Premises Liability Action
- Hazardous Food Containers
- Highway Coasting
- Highway Defects
- Hours of Service Violations and Truck Accidents
- How Evidence Affects Your Case
- Infections from Animal Attacks
- Injured in a Car Accident? Watch What You Say.
- Injuries Associated with Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Injuries Associated with Slip and Fall Accidents
- Is Your Child’s Playground Safe?
- Lack of Medical Ethics
- Manufacturing vs. Design Defect
- Missing Road Paint
- Necrotizing Fasciitis
- Negligence and Food Poisoning
- Pedestrian Dangers
- Personal Injury Claims: Legitimate versus Frivolous
- Plastic Surgery Errors
- Problems Associated with Meningitis
- Salmonella and Your Health
- School-Related Injuries
- Selecting a Personal Injury Attorney
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
- Stadium Negligence and Spectator Injuries
- Suturing Errors
- The Attractive Nuisance Doctrine
- The Hazardous Effects of Speeding
- The Leading Causes of Spine Injuries
- Toxic Chemicals in the Home
- Types of Negligence
- Types of Train Accidents
- Types of Visitors for Premises Liability
- Upper Gastrointestinal Bleed Treatments
- Violation of Patient Privacy Laws
- Vocal Cord Paralysis Injuries
- What Do You Need to Prove if a Car Defect Injures You?
- What Is the Index System?
- What Questions Should I Ask in a Consultation?
- What to do After a Dog Bite
- Why You Shouldn’t Go it Alone
WE HAVE RECOVERED OVER $500 MILLION FOR CLIENTS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, INCLUDING:
Car accident settlement
Workers' Comp Case
Leaders in the Legal Industry
Steinberg attorneys have been awarded numerous distinctions, such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News & World Report, Gedney M. Howe, Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service, the SC Leadership in Law award, and has been voted Best Workers’ Comp Firm in SC, among other distinctions.
What Our Clients Say
They have amazing lawyers!
They have worked on an impossible situation and exceeded all expectations in the resulting settlements. I would recommend the Steinberg Law Firm to anyone and everyone!
My experience was excellent
From the first consultation to the end of my case I was kept updated step by step. My attorney worked hard for me and got me more than what I expected.
I never felt like I was alone
My lawyer and his Paralegal were right with me the entire case. I never felt like I was alone. At every turn they were in my corner. Someone recommended me to Steinberg law firm and I gladly would do the same for someone else.
I couldn't have asked for better
The people from the Steinberg group are top-notch. They handled my case extremely well, I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. Thank you all so much for all you did for me.
I am grateful for them!
At my worst, they honestly and carefully protected and defended my family on multiple levels. I’m a client for life and the integrity of this law firm is unmatched. Thank You Steinberg Law Family!!!
The people are thoughtful and professional
Questions and concerns always get answered and concerns are taken care of. Thank you all at Steinburg for a good experience and for showing me that you care about your clients.
The best law firm
This the best law firm anyone could ever deal with. Mr. Pearlman will work hard to get everything that is owed to you. It was a pleasure to have been represented by this firm.
I highly recommend them
They work as a team providing the best referrals and assistance to accomplish what my family and I needed. I highly recommend them because you won’t be disappointed.